Thursday 26 March 2015

Starting Anew

When I stepped off the plane almost 9 months ago I told myself my blogging days were behind me. This decision was reinforced by the fact that I couldn't gain access to my Google/blogging account on account of my living in China. Anything Google-related is blocked over here. I managed to get around the firewall, but the questions Google were asking me in order to redeem the account (as I had couldn't remember the password) were ridiculous and trite.

Google asked me for the day that I set up my Google account. Well, Google, of course I would remember that. Who doesn't remember the exact day that they set up their email account? It's right up there with important information that one must maintain. Birthdays. Anniversaries. Bank Details. The day I decided to open a new email account.

I remember the moment well... The numerous attempts at creating an original, catchy email name that wasn't already taken. Filling in all of my personal information. Pouring your heart and soul into the truth-seeking security question.

Seriously, I have no idea when I created my email account. It was around the time when I needed a more fitting email address to accompany the trial and tribulations of job-seeking.According to my mother king bob 2003 did not look good on a CV.

To cut a long-winded story short, I am now on a new account, writing a whole new blog as things are and feel a whole lot different now. As aforementioned, I am living in China and have been for a while now.

I won't bore you with the details, but I think it's about time I flexed some of the old typing muscles before I move onto finding a new lease on life.

Writing my last blog brought me a lot of clarity. It helped me become more observant and led to a more active, curious mentality and approach to life around me.

I hope to reach that mindset once again using this blog here.

Here is a picture of a pagoda in the faraway land of China.

Expect a few pictures now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment